Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Man-flu!!! Sunday felt like crap after a 2.5hr bike and a slow 40min run around Mobberley. Felt pretty good but I didn't take out my bike computer and so have no idea how fast I was going or how far I went. Overtook a guy on his TT-bike so that was cool but he looked like he might stop when he tried to tackle a slight hill, which I didn't have to drop out of the big-chain ring; now I'm not bad on hills but I think I'd be exaggerating a touch if I was to suggest he was some Jan Ullrich powerhouse, he had a similar physique I guess but that's about it. My blood sugar was 6.7 before the ride and had 250ml of Goodness Shakes before I left (about 25g of carbs mixed with 10g of protein) and that kept me going throughout, which surprised me but I was a little low at the end, I didn't take it but it felt like 3.5. However, felt awful in the evening and my blood sugar's rocketed since. I normally take about 6 units of Novorapid in the morning for 75g of Scottish oats with Natural Yoghurt, a 200ml glass of smoothie and 2 slices of toast (occasionally with a poached egg; otherwise with Marmite, I love it!) but my reading went up to 11.1 yesterday and my evening Novorapid has dropped from a unit being able to deal with 15g of carbohydrate on Saturday to only being able to cope with 11-12 yesterday. All this from a cold and people wonder why diabetes is so frustrating?

No comments:

Post a Comment