Powered By Blogger

Thursday 2 April 2009

Spin Class

I've never done a spin class before and I'd really like to never do one again but, apparently, one of the benefits of high-end training is an increase in aerobic capacity but it didn't feel like it after I was fit to drop after about 5mins. Maybe I haven't quite worked out the perceived exertion rating but my legs felt like sandbags and during my afternoon brick session, later on, my times were shocking and my quads were burning like chicken on a summer BBQ. It took me 12mins to get up the Old Brickworks hill towards Kettleshulme, a good couple of minutes slower than usual - there's plenty of time left yet. I hypoed quite badly (2.6, though I felt it come on a good few minutes before I took the reading) and had 500g bottle of Banana Goodness Shakes and a biscuit; figuring it would keep me going for over an hour (about 60g Carbs) and then shoveled a Mars Bars down after about 80mins, staying out for 2hr 15. I topped that off with a very slow 8k run that took about 40/45mins. I'll start using my GPS soon but the batteries were flat. My blood glucose was 4.0 after the bike and, being healthy as usual, I had a Snickers Bar to top up and keep my fat stores happy. It was a great training session, not as warm as the sun tricked me into thinking and it was cold up above Bollington, and I nearly fell off at Broken Cross roundabout because I simply cannot clip out with my right foot, fortunately as the bike wobbled as I slowed to a stop and the front wheel turned across and I felt my body weight slip sideways to take me tumbling backwards into the car waiting patiently to go to my left hand side, I managed to clip my left foot out and kick it down onto the tarmac a little bit faster than my heart was beginning to beat. It's difficult to explain just how fast your heart can beat when it's jumped all the way up your throat into your mouth - I am just such a cycling expert, my bike handling skills are practically legendary.

No comments:

Post a Comment